Wizards Without Boundaries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Reid set to take office in shock election landslide!
Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:32 pmM
Update from the 2012 WWBN Election Newsroom...

Polls closed just minutes ago but with the expertise of the finest countermonkey's have projected a landslide win for former WWBN Mad Mad World Host Dunena Reid.

Exit poll results give a strong 80% majority result for the newcomer with some even choosing to vote for exotic animals then give a vote to Frump in what has to be his worst result ever.

You heard it here first, Dunena Reid is the new American Minister for Magic!
WWBN-NY Radio Personality set to Run for Office?
Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:52 amBenjamin Jefferson
The Magical world today woke to a flurry of Werks and stories after last night's broadcast of Dunena Reid's Weird Weird World hinted, quite strongly that recently crowned Houglass Magazine's Person of the Year Dunena Reid, was set to enter the race for the 2012 American Magical Elections with no lesser sight then the Minister's position currently held by Ronald Frump.

Speaking to the Ministry this morning reporters where told that while some paperwork may have been received it was after the weekend cut-off and would not be looked at until the subsequent week at the earliest.. unless it had fallen on the desk of one F. Blake in which one just had to hope that it would be filed at all.

Considered a possible hoax a interview with Producer and year long associate of Mr Reid Benjamin Jefferson led to the following statement "The hell I know? Trust me man I'm usually the last to find out these things"

More on this story and other top breaking news including the protest by Interweb giants Woozle against Muggle proposed internet filtering laws, after this break.
Chudley Canons Star Player Now A Professor
Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:05 pmAnonymous
The Accademia Magica di Italia is proud to announce the hiring of Chudley Canons star player, Jamie Savage as its new professor of Broom Flying Instruction and team quidditch coach. Interim Headmaster Angelo Benito made the announcement at a press conference this morning. He stated that "The school is pleased and grateful that someone of Senore Savage's talent would accept a position like this. The students will benefit greatly from his expertise". Professor Savage has already begun working with the students and the team has their first game soon against Venice Magical Academy.
WWBN World News : Police searching Seine River
Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:22 pmAnonymous
Our Paris news desk reports that police in Paris have begun searching the Seine River for the body of a man who is believed to have jumped from one of the bridges in a possible suicide attempt. Reported by a party on one of the barges docked along the Seine, this raw footage shot by one of the party goers shows the man plunging into the river. No sign of his exit from the river has been found and they believe that he died on impact.

Next up is....
W! News : Fifi LaRoux Unexpected Australian Visit
Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:23 amFifi LaRoux
Yes ladies the roamers where true that none other then high flung socialite and darling of the European Ministry Fifi LaRoux has been sighted in Melbourne, Australia which has recently been named the worlds most livable city for a second time.

While none have stated what brought on the arrival of Miss LaRoux there's been no question that the world famous Hit Witch has made no secret of her visit with roamers of a behind closed doors meeting with the Minister for Magic himself before dining out at the exclusive Vue de Monde for drinks. Seemingly at home in the city Fifi underwent a tour of the Auror department before attending the midwinter launch of the Matacore 'Enchantment' line of fashion robes. Speaking exclusively to WWBN Fifi states that she was very pleased to be in Australia and would not commit to any return dates nor roamers that her visit had anything to do with attempts to influence the Australian Ministry to re-think it's ties to Ronald Frump's ministry.

Witch Weekly's exclusive Interview with the well known Hit Witch hits store shelves Monday.
WWBN Number 1 Reporter Takes Aim at Pottermore
Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:56 pmM
It seems that exposing the Minister of Magic's secret love shack was not enough to keep the host of WWBN's Top Rating News and Current Affairs show Dunena's Mad Mad World set for long. Now with the reveal of Pottermore the controversial host has moved to point fingers at not only the American Minister for Magic but that of a number of major Magical Ministries around the world accusing them of taking bribes to allow unfettered access to the Magical World. Outrage from the claims have lead to a call for a full investigation into Mr Reid's accusations. All Eyes are now on the Various Ministers and how they will respond to the latest revelations from the Man himself, Dunena Reid of Mad Mad World.

After the break WWBN-UK Continues it's round the clock coverage of the 2011 Glastonbury Festival, taking place at Worthy Farm in the UK where our own Cherry Clinger is keeping abreast of the top stories and gossip at iconic music festival with interviews with big names and newcomers alike in the Wrock scene including a exclusive with DJ Noiseworks and former one time Weird Sister Nathan Wright.
WWBN World News : Pottermore to go head to head with Woozle?
Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:51 pmM
"In Global News today many Muggles the world over logged on to the unveiling of 'Pottermore' last night, a new co-production between 'JK', Warner Brothers and Muggle Game Man..Man..Manufacturer Sony. Promising to give Muggles and Wizards alike a whole new experience many prominent figures in the magical world have come out damning what they see as yet another crass profit making exercise at the expense of the magical community.

One Hogwarts teacher has stated that since this 'Pottermore thing' started they have been inundated with well over one thousand owls from worried parents, former students and others wishing to know if it would mean Muggles would be allowed to study at Hogwarts or.. worse the school was to give up it's long held stance amongst the only schools to not have it's own interweb network.

While many in the Wizarding World are concerned Woozle today speaking to WWBN-Japan was quoted as "Not at all Worried" while reminding Wizards and Muggles alike that "whatever Pottermore promises to be there is no doubt that with Sony it will only be a matter of time before hackers get it".

In other news the Australian Ministry of Magic has moved to deny any connection to a self-declaired witch jailed for recklessly causing serious injury and dangerous driving. The Australian Minister for Magic was quoted as calling the woman a 'Bloody Idiot' while reminding that no matter what world one thinks they belong to, the laws of Australia still apply.

This has been Kim Sparkle for WWBN News at Five"
WWBN World News - WWBN Offer Apology to American Minister of Magic over Late Night Radioshow.
Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:48 amM
"WWBN Today officially announced that it has apologized to American Minister for Magic Ronald Frump for allegations made about him on flagship nightly talk show Dunena's Mad Mad World hosted on WWBN. While the Minister was brought into a furor over recent alligations surrounding his private life it was the revelation of his secret Tuscan Villa that has lead to red faces and claims to 'Sue WWBN for every knurd it has'. Amid the turmoil ratings for WWBN's radio talk show have skyrocketed making it more popular then 'Clives Charms Hour'. Speaking to the head of WWBN it was quoted that 'Whoever Dunena is they're on to a good thing, and might just be the Wizarding Worlds answer to the Muggle World's 'Julian Assange'"
In Depth Report: Dunena's Mad Mad World #3
WWBN News Australia: House Elf Sighting in Muggle Town
Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:25 amTiffany Fumberger
"In local news the Victorian Ministry of Magic are continuing investigations into a alleged House Elf sighting on April 26th in Drouin, a rural town 45 minutes from Melbourne. Witnesses described two ugly children suspected of stealing sneakers and wearing odd headgear. No ministry intervention was required but a number of confused Muggles where reported at the scene.

The Ministry of Magic has issued a reminder for House Elf Owners to take care when in areas where Muggles may be present."

In Depth Report: And at last we will be free, You're a bluebird
WWBN World News At 5 Headlines
Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:39 pmM
Just Another Park Wwbn-n10

Just Another Park Kim10 "Hello and welcome to WWBN News at Five, I'm Kim Sparkle and now for the headlines."

" 'No News is Good News' Is the word coming down from the Ministry and Re-it.. Re..iterated across the world. We asked The Head of Muggles United for a comment but they where unashamedly silent."

"More bulletins and the latest Quidditch Scores Right After This Break.."

No Story is Too Big or Too Small!
Post your Own News Stories!
Code:

Write Your Story (don't forget to keep it short and snappy for the camera!)
[b]In Depth Report:[/b] [url=link to source thread here (optional)[/url]

"...and in other news a happy occasion as a woman is reunited with her long lost pet Norwegian Ridgeback named Snuffles who flew off after setting fire to her house and those of neighbouring Muggles. The Woman states she is delighted but doesn't understand why her insurance premiums have sky-rocketed after what she claims was just 'a little accident"

"This is Kim Sparkle wishing you a good and safe evening."

"Goodnight."
Latest topics
2+2=5 (2012 Final Exams)Sun May 19, 2013 4:16 pmYrjö 'Nigel' Hämäläinenthe dawning of a new day... sort of.Sun May 19, 2013 4:57 amGuestThe day after the week beforeSun Apr 07, 2013 2:34 pmTamika Parker::M RATED:: All The Right Friends (Marty)Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:39 amKatelyn DavisReid set to take office in shock election landslide!Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:32 pmMBrandon Wright : Birth CertificateFri Mar 08, 2013 8:27 amMRequest for Birth CertificateFri Mar 08, 2013 7:42 amAbigail WrightTo: Cara McIntyre, Cherry Clinger, Dunena Reid, Greta GreenwichFri Mar 08, 2013 4:46 amFungus BlakeWhat's up with 2013Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:10 amMTo: Mr Marcus HobsonSat Dec 15, 2012 6:06 amYrjö 'Nigel' HämäläinenTo: Miss Chloe Hobson, Miss Olivia WatsonSat Dec 15, 2012 6:04 amYrjö 'Nigel' HämäläinenGetting back to normalSun Oct 28, 2012 11:47 amMHiding out in style Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:17 pmDunena ReidLucy DrewSat Oct 06, 2012 12:41 pmLucy DrewPirates of WWBN - AT HONEY'S END!Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:57 pmJamie Savage
Beyond WWB

Wizards Without Boundaries on Polyvore Wizards Without Boundaries on Google Plus

Go down
Adrienne Leveque
Adrienne Leveque
Born in the Philippines Halfblood - A Witch or Wizard with a mixture of Pure and Magical Blood
:+ : Seventh Year Student
None
Gippsland Grammar School for Young Witches
Female Posts : 27
Current Location : Australia
Job : Student
Face Claim : Katie Leung
Famous Last Words : So...?

Just Another Park Empty Just Another Park

Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:28 am
It was a cool and sunny winter day, and Adrienne, who wanted to play somewhere other than in her room, had chosen to go out and about with her guitar, clad in a pair of dark jeans, a long-sleeved yellow turtleneck sweater with a navy blue coat and a white scarf along with a nice pair of boots. She sat on a bench and crossed her legs, looking around at the people in the park before taking her guitar out of its case and lightly strumming the opening chords to a Muggle song she liked.

She closed her eyes as she hummed the first few words before singing softly, and swaying a bit as she got into the song.

"It’s twelve o’ clock and I need your attention
It’s like the alcohol making my head spin
You scent is the rum the room is a bottle
Keeping me hopeless ‘til I wake tomorrow

And if tonight ever makes a difference
The way that I feel
the way that I’ll remember it
I’ll take this down
until the glass remains
Swallow the words
that I was meant to say..."

It was one of her favorite songs, entitled Vegas Skies, by The Cab. She continued singing, not realizing that he had gotten quite a number of viewers since her eyes were closed. She continued to do her own cover of the song, in her own little world.

"It’s a long drive
back to Vegas skies
So I don’t, I make one
more wrong turn tonight so

Say goodnight our first goodbye
I’ve only got forever and forever is fine
Just take your time
We’ll stop the clock together
And know that the timing was right

All of these guards
they stand tall and defensive
Putting up walls around
what was once innocent
It won’t let me in
but I’m stronger than that
Cuz you stole my eyes
and I’ll never look back

Girl last night I forgot to mention
The way that I feel
the way that I’ll remember this
When we’re this young
we have nothing to lose
We just the clock to beat
and a hand to choose

It’s a long drive
back to Vegas skies
So I don’t, I make one
more wrong turn tonight so

Say goodnight our first goodbye
Just take your time
And know that the timing was right

It’s a long way down
Just fall into place
and you’ll fall into me
We’ll make it out you’ll see

So say goodnight our first goodbye
Just take your time

And say goodnight our first goodbye
Just take your time
And know that the timing was right..."

She finished with a smile, and a blush upon realizing that there were quite a number of people watching her.
Theo Leggieri
Theo Leggieri
Born in Australia Halfblood - A Witch or Wizard with a mixture of Pure and Magical Blood
:+ : 7th Year Student/Pizza Boy
None
Accademia Magica di Italia
Male Posts : 37
Current Location : Italy
Job : Student / Pizza Delivery Boy
Face Claim : François Goeske
Famous Last Words : So that's two large pizzas and a coke..

Just Another Park Empty Re: Just Another Park

Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:53 pm
Theo took a deep breath of crisp air, his lungs where burning from running as the field of green before him. His cousins yelling support and banter to distract him as he chased and then kicked the football in a wide arc towards the nets... missing wildly. Soccer had never been his strong suit, football, and maybe Quidditch where more his game but one thing about being a teenage boy was you never turned down a chance to get out there and play something. Summer for Theo had seemed a endless stretch of Tuscan days, he'd gone with his relatives to town in order to enjoy the carnivals and discovered that his early dreams of Venetian girls being beautiful, free and easy was more of a either or. It was a hard lesson to be learnt that the girls he really liked tended to always pass him over for the older guys who already owned their own car and could offer more then a discount at the family pizza shop in a small country town.

The holidays had passed all too quickly, Mama's 50th insisting on him coming home to visit his family before the term begun. Theo didn't mind, he liked days like today where he'd spent the night at his cousin's in Melbourne. For Theo he'd always grown up with a extended family of 'cousins, uncles and aunts' that could turn a simple family tree into a forest liable to get even the most brave adventurer lost without a trace. Thinking about it brought a smile to his face, the wine, the sun, hanging out with Sebster and all the rest.. so much in thought that he totally missed the ball as it was kicked to him.. a wide kick that sent it outside of the field and into the path beyond where Theo noticed a small crowd had formed.

That wasn't too surprising though, the city always had something going on but Theo didn't quite expect what happened when he chased up to get the ball.. his eyes catching sight of the cause of the people who had stopped and ended up watching at that spot. It was a girl. A girl with shiny black hair and a guitar and wow.. okay so Theo was a guy but wow.. yes he was staring, but he'd gotten used to the stuck up girls of Italy against the always familiar tribe of relatives that it had been awhile since he'd seen a girl who really stood out against it and shut down what little braincells he had in that way that only a really wow kind of girl could. 'Was she smiling at me? Was she looking at me??' Theo's mind raced, his palms felt sweaty and all too aware was he of the fact that he was wearing a grass stained pair of shorts exposing his knobbly knees that his sister had always teased him about once he'd hit his first growth spirt. Theo knew he was out of his league, unfortunately as the girl finished her song he realized being all too aware meant that he didn't have a single thing in mind to say to the girl. He could hardly like walk up to her or something, she'd probably think he was a stalker or a creep and anyway no doubt she'd have a boyfriend who'd thump him for even looking at her like that. Poor Theo was in a pickle all right!
Adrienne Leveque
Adrienne Leveque
Born in the Philippines Halfblood - A Witch or Wizard with a mixture of Pure and Magical Blood
None

Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:05 pm
As Adrienne smiled and laughed lightly at some compliments from the small crowd that had surrounded her, she let her gaze wander around before they landed on a brunette boy with dark brown eyes that Adrienne found rather alluring. A faint blush dusted itself on her cheeks as it registered in her mind that he was staring.. at her! Or at least she thought it was her. She turned to look behind her, but found no one there, and so she assumed that it was her the boy was looking at. She could feel her heart beat loudly against her chest, and she faintly noticed that the crowd had thinned, and those that had stayed were asking her for another song. She smiled at a little boy who had come closer to her.

"Miss, will you play another song?" The little boy asked, looking up at her with pleading eyes. She laughed lightly and ruffled the little boy's hair.

"Sure thing, kiddo, what song do you want to hear?" She asked, her gaze once more turning to the boy a few steps away from her. "Wait here a moment and I'll be back, okay?" She told the little boy as she stood, guitar in hand, and walked over to the olive-skinned boy she had been looking at earlier.

"Hi." She greeted with a warm smile, the blush from earlier returning. She tucked a stray lock of her black hair behind her ear and smiled, a little self-conscious. From his clothes, it was quite obvious he had been playing, and judging from the ball in his hands, it was football. "I couldn't help but notice you looking." She said, hoping that she didn't sound selfish or vain. "Did you like my take on the song?" She asked curiously, her heart beat accelerating as she nervously waited for his answer. She hoped he thought it at least good.
Theo Leggieri
Theo Leggieri
Born in Australia Halfblood - A Witch or Wizard with a mixture of Pure and Magical Blood
None

Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:22 pm
You know those moments when you knew you where in too deep but it was impossible to turn away? Theo figured he'd be able to sneak away to lick his wounds without a single glance from the girl. Instead he found her looking right back at him, and here he was with zero backup, a bad place for a guy if ever there was any! She looked smart, and while to be honest the singing hadn't exactly been the first thing on his mind there was no question that the girl was talented to boot. Typical Theo, chasing after the girls he never in a million years had a shot with. Common sense would have told him to turn away and flee now while he still had a shred of dignity but while he managed to glance away and try to pretend he was looking for someone else it didn't take long for his eyes to find their way back to checking the girl out. He was a boy after all and what better things where there to look at then girls? Theo couldn't think of anything much, he tended to feel like the loser of his brothers for not having a girlfriend, after all he was seventeen and it seemed all the guys his age had at least gone all the way with a girl (or talked their way up to it). His Mama said that it was because he had too much sense to waste his life chasing after girls but Theo knew it was a age old problem that he just didn't know what to say to make them like him.. his sister had explained one day that girls like guys who are sensitive and caring and don't just stare at their boobs all the time.

Ohgod.. had he stared at her boobs? Was that why she was looking at him like that? Theo wanted to hit himself, 'idiot!' he cursed to himself, reminding in his head to ensure he kept his gaze well above any areas that could make him look desperate or a sleaze. Of course he didn't then expect her to bend down in order to pay attention to a kid... Theo felt a stab of illogical jealousy at the way the girl ruffled the kids hair and laughed..she had a beautiful laugh. Oh he was dead, this was terrible, no doubt the laughing stock of the entire family to be desperate enough to crush on a girl at the park. A girl he realized with growing horror that was no longer so far away from him. To misquote South Park she heading right for him! Theo gulped.. and then stressed that she'd seen him gulp.. then worst of the worst she talked to him.. just came right up and talked to him. Theo hadn't expected that! "Hi" he managed to get out, feeling stupid for not having something better to say while watching the girl play with her hair.. did girls just do that because they knew that it drove guys nuts?

Fidgeting with the soccer ball Theo wasn't sure what to do, he'd seen his brothers and cousins go about 'making the first move' but whenever he'd attempted it well.. somehow what was charming from them sounded childish and foolish from him? It wasn't fair right? Then of course the penny dropped.. great, she thought he was a total creep. "Uh... yeah I was just.. " just what? Perving.. checking her out? Theo couldn't think of a single thing that didn't sound worse until he quickly added "looking for someone..uh my sister" a lie if ever there was one, Pia was at home and he knew it. Funny how it was that he felt like his heart was going harder now then before when he'd been playing soccer with the guys. It was like when he'd done his year 11 English exam and had forgotten to study.. only this time it was soo much worse as she asked him about the song. Theo didn't know much about music, he tended to just listen to whatever was on the radio or in his brothers cars when they had been going somewhere. He didn't mind rap or stuff with hot chicks in the video clips but ask him to name the songs after and he'd be lost. "Good" he just replied, "Really good.." he added for good measure. Theo had never been talented with words.. all the worse when it came to talking to the opposite sex where he tended to put his foot in it more often then not.
Adrienne Leveque
Adrienne Leveque
None

Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:07 am
There are times that Adrienne wonders if she did the right thing. And this just happens to be one of those times. With a small laugh at his greeting, she wondered briefly if he really was out looking for someone. She looked around the park, watching out for someone who looked similar to him, but frowned at finding no one. Tilting her head to the side slightly, she shifted her guitar so that it was behind her, and was simply slung over her thanks to the strap. 'I think he's lying...' She thought to herself, studying the boy as she said, "Are you sure she's here? I don't think I see anyone who looks like you." She then laughed lightly. "I'd have thought you were here because you were after the ball." She said, pointing at the ball in his hands.

Her mother had told her time and again that sometimes her rather loud and brash nature scared shy boys or sensitive ones away, and so she reviewed her actions in the past few minutes and wondered if she was being too brash. She was a naturally talkative person, so she rarely had any problems striking up conversation, but that didn't exactly mean the people she talked to and liked actually liked her back. 'Oh no! He hated it. He hated the song, didn't he?' She panicked in her mind, biting her lower lip. She wanted to say more, but couldn't seem to form any coherent thoughts or words as she watched the handsome boy before her. Deciding to just outright get some awkwardness over with, she extended her hand, rather abruptly.

"I'm Adrienne." She said, blushing and fiddling with the strap of her guitar.
Theo Leggieri
Theo Leggieri
None

Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:32 pm
If nothing else at least genetics was on his side, his darker skin his only hope of hiding the redness as he tried to keep his cool. Did anyone wonder why Theo hadn't managed to get a girlfriend? Seriously? Lying had probably not been the best move. Theo realized this when the girl gave him a studying look, the guitar slung casually over her shoulder.. how was it that girls could just do something and make it look so easy and graceful? Her voice had a hint of accent to it as well, something foreign but cheerful and friendly. Not at all stuck up like the girls in Italy had been. It was just a pity that the more he wanted her the more he knew that she could see right though him. It was a power girls had, like x-ray vision but a million times worse. "Uh well.. she was.. but maybe she's gone now.. yeah... she's probably gone home with her eh.. boyfriend" was that enough of a hint.. hint hint.. it had sounded smooth in his head but the moment it had left his mouth Theo was sure that the girl wouldn't get it or tell him to go away and leave her alone. Pia was probably going to have a lot to yell at him for later as well, had his fourteen year old sister had a boyfriend there was no doubt that the entire family would be outraged.

But then again Theo had never been one to let facts get in the way of a good story. A pity because he'd probably do a lot better if he'd just stuck with the truth and didn't try to 'improve it' in various ways. Theo knew one thing for sure though, later if he told his mates about the girl he wouldn't need to talk up a single thing, she was beautiful no question about it. Smart too, Theo had always had a thing for smart girls.. which said a lot for why he tended to pick up since they tended to see right though him. Theo had even forgotten about the soccer ball which was why he was surprised to find the girl pointing at him, causing him to be rather red faced when he realized she wasn't pointing at him but at the ball. Damn, now what was he going to say? "Yeah I was..." he admitted running a hand though his hair for a moment as he glanced back to see if any of his cousins had spotted him. It looked like he was safe though as they'd found another ball and where continuing the game without him. Lucky, Theo really really didn't want to have to deal with them right now. He was sure his family had sent him away to Italy to find a nice Italian girl in order to keep the family traditions alive. It wasn't that they where raciest or anything but he knew they'd never accept a girl that didn't at least have a bit of Italian magical blood in her.

Not that it mattered because Theo was sure to scare her off anyway. He was pretty sure he'd said the wrong thing about the music when the girl just bit her lip, crap.. now she was just looking at him. Theo was panicking in his mind trying to think of something that didn't seem completely idiotic to say, would it be wrong to admit that he thought she was hot and would have won at Australian Idol any day? Yeah, it probably would be. That was the thing wasn't it? Everyone always said that girls like blokes who where honest but if he went out and said what he thought she'd probably slap him one. It was a total double standard! So the awkward silence loomed. Theo wasn't normally one for silence, no doubt his teachers would have laughed to hear that Theo was lost for words but girls where like his kryptonite or something. Theo was just glad his brother's weren't here to see him as the girl all of a sudden put out her hand and said her name was Adrienne.. now he had a name to go with his fantasies. He tried not to think on that too much as he touched her hand.. he was really trying to play it cool but he was very glad to not be wearing a pair of tight shorts right now. "I'm Theodosius Leggieri.. but everyone just calls me Theo.." he said, it was weird shaking a girls hand but nice too.. very nice but his hand was probably sweaty and wet from all the running around..yes..running.. totally not because he was stressing out over a girl.. nope, not at all..
Adrienne Leveque
Adrienne Leveque
None

Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:06 pm
Adrienne couldn't help the small laugh that escaped her each time the boy talked, though she hoped that he didn't think she was laughing at him, since she was by no means doing so! 'He is so cute!' She thought to herself fondly. There was something about him that just made her want to get to know him more, though she would be lying if she said the awkwardness that seemed to surround him wasn't being a hurdle. "Oh," said Adrienne, completely oblivious to the boy's thoughts. "Maybe she did." She mused, still a little skeptical of his story. After all, why was he stuttering? "I'm surprised you aren't one of those overprotective brothers who are out to get rid of any men who goes near their sister, if that was the case." She added. 'He's cute when he stutters though...'

Her parents were never the type of people to encourage her to talk to random strangers, especially if they were looking at you without coming near. She knew that had she done this with them around, she would've been pulled away instantly by her father, and her mother would've reprimanded her for being far too reckless, though she always understood that they were just worried about her. She smiled behind her hand as he looked back to check on a crowd of people a distance away, and she curiously asked him, "Are they your cousins or something?" There was too many of them to be simply considered his siblings, but then again, who was she to judge?

"Well it's nice to meet you, Theo." Adrienne nodded with a grin, a little flustered since he's probably felt the small callouses on her fingertips that was the product of her almost daily playing of the guitar. "I hope you don't mind me asking, but you don't look like you're from around here." She said, carefully phrasing her observation so as not to sound too rude. "Are you here on vacation?" Well that is a total downer. If he said yes, then there was a big chance that once they parted, she'd never see him again. Granted, there were ways to keep in touch...
Theo Leggieri
Theo Leggieri
None

Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:20 pm
She was laughing at him! Every time he said something she'd laugh.. what the hell did that mean? Theo was clueless. The girls in Italy had laughed at him too.. but there had been something about their laughter that had been quite clear in that they thought he was a loser. Theo wasn't sure but he at least thought that the girl wasn't giving him that kind of laugh. Man what the hell? Theo couldn't help but curse his teachers for wasting so much time drumming maths and 'issues' study down his head, useless junk that he'd never do again. Why couldn't they have taught something useful like how to understand girls? He'd totally have paid attention in school if that had been the case. He'll he'd probably have gotten a A+ for sure! Theo was also wishing they'd taught a class on how to get out of a lie when you had dug yourself in too deep. Because of course the girl was right, Pia might have been fourteen but she was the only girl. Which meant that any boy who had the misfortune to be interested in her would have to go though all five brothers to get to her. But he'd dug himself into a hole and now had to find a way to dig right back out of it. "Nah.. I mean yeah I would but I figure that yaknow if she really likes the guy and well he's alright and is a good guy and whatever then.. " god he wished he knew what she was thinking. He must be coming off a right tosser even as he let his mouth get away from him.. 'Smooth Theo.. Smooth'. Pia would have been laughing so hard to hear him right now.

His brother's would have just thumped him for good measure. Theo was glad now that they where back in Warragul..or in prison when it came to one case. Yep, his family was high class, that was for sure. It didn't help that they acted like such well.. wogs, to use the slag term Australians had given them. Theo was often divided between being proud of his Italian heritage and cringing at the way his family had to be different to everybody else. So much so that Theo almost jumped when the girl asked about his cousins.. man she was smart to have guessed that. "Yeah... most of them anyway" he'd noticed a couple of other guys had joined in with the match who Theo didn't know. But of course there was no doubt that he'd probably be told exactly who they where and who they where related to the moment he got back. It was no joke that his family was serious about stuff like that, sometimes it felt like half of the world's population was related to him by the way Ma and Pop always managed to find someone who had known the family.

It was hard not to smile a bit when Adrienne said it was nice to meet him. Theo wasn't sure that she was telling the truth but hey, it was good for his ego either way. Of course her hand hadn't quite been as soft as he'd expected, but then again he realized when he let go that half the palm of one of his hands was green from skidding on the grass and he'd grazed his knuckle earlier doing a heroic dive to stop the ball..which had failed. Awkwardly he laughed a little to cover wiping his hand on his pants to try and get rid of the sweat, yet part of him didn't want to do that, it was like that episode of the Simpsons when Bart hadn't washed his hand for days after a pretty girl had spat on it.. gross but youknow the point stood. Then of course, that question that tended to follow him everywhere from the footy field and beyond. Had he been smooth he'd have found a way to comment that Adrienne didn't look like a usual Aussie either but it was hard to know whether or not it would be a touchy topic. "My Ma and Pop grew up in Brunswick.. not too far from here. But Nah I'm from the country" He hoped that was enough to reassure her that he was a real Aussie but shrugged unsure of what to answer "Kinda? I'm on holidays from Boarding School in Italia.." Theo couldn't really explain more. After all the girl was bright but he was a wizard. There was laws about that kind of thing which sucked because what use was magic if you couldn't even use it to impress a pretty girl? Then again going to school in Italy had to have some uses right... like making him sound smart and sophisticated to be studying abroad and all that kind of stuff.
Adrienne Leveque
Adrienne Leveque
None

Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:41 pm
"Well aren't you a sweet brother?" She asked teasingly. "Is it only the two of you?" She added curiously. Adrienne who had been wondering why she seemed to be so comfortable around him had just realized that she may look like someone who goes to her school. Though highly unlikely, seeing as he could possibly be a Muggle, she thought that it maybe worth a shot. She opened her mouth to ask him just that when a cold breeze blew, blowing her hair to the side, and stopping the words from leaving her mouth as she rethought them once more. Determined now more than ever, she asked, "Leggieri hmm...? Are you by any chance related to Pia Leggieri?" It was a long shot, she knew. But the resemblance - now that she thought about it - was uncanny, and him having a sister and them just happening to have the same last name...? Well, while she and Pia weren't exactly in the same year, the new school still had a rather small population, and so it was easy to bump into and get to know those younger students.

"You've got a pretty big family," observed Adrienne aloud, neither surprised nor curious. It was the same situation back in The Philippines. Whenever they visited there, there were always new relatives to meet. Be it cousin, aunt, uncle, even grandmother/father! She had a pretty big extended family, and preferred it that way. Though at times it did get a little overwhelming, especially if everyone was all in one place and talking all at the same time. She was just glad that more than a handful of her cousins were interested in music as well.

"Oh..." nodded Adrienne in understanding. "Well none of my relatives are actual Aussies." She said, shrugging. "My parents and I moved here years ago," explained she, knowing that it was probably quite obvious that she wasn't one. "Italy? Really? Wow. That's one of the places I've always wanted to go to." She said, laughing at her own enthusiasm and child-like wonder. It was one of her dreams to tour Europe, England, France and Italy, especially. And to hear that someone around her age was vacationing here from one of those places, well... that was kind of exciting.
Theo Leggieri
Theo Leggieri
None

Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:44 pm
Thick he might be but even Theo could tell the girl was teasing him. Unsure of what to say he just tried one of his smiles before shaking his head "Nah.. our family's pretty big" which was only the half of it. His Uncle Vin proudly stated that their family was so big it circled the globe from Italia right though Australia and beyond. Theo didn't know if it was true or not but he liked the feeling that he was part of something, it was hard to feel alone when there was always someone to back you up. No question it had done wonders for his ego growing up to always have someone around to teach him how to hold a broom of kick a footie.. even if Ma and Pop had been busy most of the time. There was downsides however, the big one being that it seemed a hobby for his brothers and sister to ruin everything on him whenever he met a girl or tried to talk up to someone. Theo of course was in denial that the real cause of his trouble was more a result of his own stories then any family conspiracy to ruin his life.

Yet he still felt a ping of panic when the girl opened her mouth.. then asked his name. Theo was a bit distracted but he nodded before you could all but watch the colour drain from his face when Pia's name was brought up...oh...crap. Theo coughed "Umyeah... she's my..." she's his what? Theo was tempted to go for the lie and say cousin but what if she knew Pia and had her go on about him one day? There came a point when every lie reached it's breaking point and Theo just had to hope the girl wouldn't push when he admitted "sister." Theo was clutching for straws now but he had to ask "you know her then?" half hoping the answer would be no, because if she knew his sister then Theo had no idea what Pia might have said about him. God she might have told her everything about him and how Nonna had said he had a head like a lump of dough with no common sense. How, embarrassing!

Adrienne at least seemed to be nice enough about everything, she was probably the nicest girl he'd met in a long while to be honest and it was one big reason why Theo wasn't too thrilled to know his holidays where nearly at a end, knowing that he'd be stuck with nobody but guys around and the teachers was a downer and a half. Adrienne was funny too, Theo didn't expect that but he laughed a bit at the family comment "You don't know the half of it.. Uncle Vin say's that if there came a time that folks come to get rid of us they'd have to get though a army before they made it to the front door." Theo said, though what use it was Theo didn't know. It probably had something to do with the war. "I figured you where too bright for a Aussie girl.. no offense or nofin' but most of them don't like to talk to guys like us". Theo didn't say it out loud but he had a feeling they where afraid of them because they looked a bit too much like Lebbo's and thugs's.. it was all stupid anyway. "Must be a bit different from where you grew up eh?" Theo said turning the soccer ball around in his hands for something to do.

Anything to do that made him have at least some kind of chance of surviving Adrienne without turning into some drooling loser. There was just something about her, the way she laughed and talked that drew him in, Theo was always one to go in deep when it came to girls but his smile broadened at her enthusiasm for Italy "Yeah.. it's really great.. Papa's family came from Veneto so we have lots of family there.. it's very beautiful and sooo much food.." Theo laughed, his mind tended to be pretty direct and it had been the first two things that had hit him on arriving in Italy - the welcome from his distant family and of course the food that was insisted upon on each visit.
Adrienne Leveque
Adrienne Leveque
None

Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:27 am
The cute smile that he had just made Adrienne swoon. She thought that he couldn't possibly get any more adorable than he already was, and she vaguely wondered if he wouldn't be in Australia for much longer, seeing as he was just on vacation from Italy. She frowned a little at the thought, but pushed it aside and smiled at him. There was still time, though she was unaware of how much, to talk to and get to know him. "Oh really? What's it like? My family basically consists of me and my parents, not including the big extended family back in The Philippines and in some other parts of the world, of course." She knew that she had some relatives in France, England, America, and even in Canada, in fact, she was rather close to the one in England and often talked to that person.

She watched as he seemed very torn at what to say, before finally admitting that Pia was his sister. I thought so! She then curiously raised a brow. As far as she knew, Pia had no boyfriend, and that her brothers would in no way allow any male that was neither Italian nor a relative near her. "Pia has a boyfriend...?" She inquired curiously, tapping her finger lightly against the wood of her guitar's body. "I never knew that! And yes, I know her, though I've to say we aren't that close." Admittedly, Pia had never spoken much of her brothers, since they hadn't talked a lot in reality, only just the occasional 'Hi's and 'Hello's and the random small talk when they bumped into each other with nothing to do. Somehow, for some reason that Adrienne was thankful for, their conversations never stepped too deep into family.

She laughed at his words, finding them comical and oddly familiar. An aunt of hers often bragged about the size of their clan (as they like to call it), and often said that if a war ever broke out between families, they didn't have to pay people to fight for them, seeing as they were quite an army in themselves. Despite her mother's Muggleborn status, her maternal family (even if only quite a few of them knew about hers, her mother's, and her father's, abilities) was a very close-knit group. Her parents' families were actually pretty close, even before her parents' marriage, and it was actually surprising that after generations of Leveques (who originally came from France) and Molinas (a native Filipno Clan), only her parents fell in love and truly united the two groups. "Guys like you?" She repeated curiously. "And I'm by no means smart, by the way." She said with a laugh. "In fact, I'm pretty average! And yeah, it is different, but it was a nice change from back home. We needed a fresh start, and we found that here." She had grown to love Australia a whole year after having moved here, seeing as it took quite a while to get over Adrian's death.

He seemed very family-oriented, and if she didn't know any better, she guessed that he's probably the one that they always picked on, like she and her cousins do to Dominic, a cousin of hers that is often at a loss for words when it comes to the girls he liked. The carefree way he played with the ball made her smile, it was quite obvious that he was one of those sporty people, and she was rather impressed. Not all wizards played Muggle sports, there were some who preferred Quidditch above anything else, and it was nice to see someone who didn't mind actually getting down and dirty. She laughed at his comment about food. 'Figures,' she thought with a mental roll of her eyes. "I guess I'll have to visit that place someday, if the food is great... and if I get to see you there." She added with a playful smile, gauging his reaction.

Theo Leggieri
Theo Leggieri
None

Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:59 pm
Theo had to laugh a bit at her question "Loud" was in a word the one thing that could sum up everything about his family. Their house was always abuzz with talk and more then a few arguments going on at any one time when they'd been growing up. Man she had a nice smile.. beautiful even. Theo wished he could say something bright and impressive but to be honest he didn't know a single thing about The Philippines.. did they even have a cricket team? Theo had the feeling they where a island but sose had never been amongst his strong subjects. Normally Theo would have been happy to go on about his family, but this was a girl and he'd already done well to dig himself into a hole that maybe less talking was the better strategy to get out of it again?

If only Theo had kept to that idea as Adrienne raised a eyebrow.. crap he was so sprung. "Yeah.. I mean.." Theo stammered as she asked about his sister.. damn she knew didn't she? It was probably clear on his face that he was lying and the way the girl was tapping her fingers just made him nervous. She probably saw right though him and was just toying.. but then she didn't look the kind to do that. Theo was in deep, if only he'd been smart enough to stick with his mates he'd not have had to worry about trying to think up ways to bribe his sister not to blab while creating a totally fictional boyfriend for her to be in love with. "Oh.. well.." the comment that Adrienne didn't know her sister that well brought hope to Theo's, 'Wonderful!' best news ever! Now all he had to do was convince Pia to play along and he'd be home free....ehright? "Yeahwell.. she doesn't tend to talk about it much.. you probably know how it is... but he's a alright guy.. tends to talk a bit much but he totally looks out for her so that's all good in my books" of course he was doing a very subtle bit of talking himself up there.. because that's what girls liked right? Someone to take care of them. Theo was sure there was a bit in a movie about that and they wouldn't be all wrong right?

Talking to girls wasn't usually this hard but Theo wanted to impress and make a good impression which tended to fly in the face of his usual habit of just saying anything that came to the front of his mind. "Yeah youknow...cause of how we dress and stuff.." Theo wasn't about to explain the whole wog thing, nor the way some of the teachers at school had looked down on his family because of the racism of yesteryears. Of course while Theo wasn't a fan of such things he had to shake his head in disbelief that Adrienne was anything but smart. "Nah.. your no way average.." hell she was the most un-average girl he'd ever met. Not that Theo was liable to admit it of course. Blushing at having said something he thought was wrong Theo nodded and gave her a enthusiastic smile. Though she floored him with the next comment, was she flirting with him? Oh she was totally flirting with him! Theo stared, blinked, no way! "Well.. eh you don't have to go all that way to see me" ..man that had sounded way smoother in his head.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum